You must read and agree to these Terms & Conditions before signing the Booking Contract
Terms and Conditions of Booking & Hire
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must read and understand the following Terms & Conditions
- You must provide two forms of identification, one being a photo ID (passport, driving license etc)
- A security deposit must be paid in full either in cash, via credit/debit card or via bank transfer*
- You must sign and date the booking agreement
Full payment is to be made anytime between the time of booking and the date of your event. We also require a refundable security deposit for all hires, to be paid in cash upon delivery/collection.
Prices, Returns & Cancellations:
All prices are quoted per 24 hours (unless otherwise stated) meaning that from the time of collection/delivery you have 24 hours to return the item and collect your security deposit*. Late returns (2 hours) are charged at a full days hire, this is taken from your security deposit. It is up to the hirer to return any lost items, if a lost item is not returned, a subsequent charge will be taken for the hire until the items are returned.
Any cancellations made up to 14 days before your event will be subject to a £10.00 admin fee. If you cancel within 14 days of your event then the full hire fee is required unless otherwise stated.
This document is issued by Eventech UK, to describe the terms and conditions of hire of the Company’s Sound, Lighting and Event Systems for concerts, events, and other performances, where provided without personnel – ‘Crew’ This document is the Terms & Conditions of Dry Hire in full, laying down the contractual agreement between Eventech UK and the Hirer.
Definition of expressions used:
“The Equipment” –
“Owner/The Company” –
Provision of the Equipment:
1. Eventech UK agrees to supply you with the equipment and rigging described in the hire agreement for the hire period.
2. All equipment is supplied in full working order and any defective items will be replaced promptly by Eventech UK unless the item in question has been damaged by the hirer.
3. Equipment remains the property of Eventech UK. In the event of a breach of any of these conditions, Eventech UK may terminate the arrangement and repossess all their Equipment. Re-
4. Unless explicitly stated in writing in the quotation, the following are excluded from the hire provision:
4.1. Equipment (other than shown in the hire agreement)
4.2. Transportation of equipment further than 5 miles from our address. All equipment should be delivered/collected and collected/returned at the end of the hire period.
4.3. Eventech UK will, at its sole discretion, charge the Hirer for any equipment lost, stolen or damaged as described in Paragraphs 5 and 6 below (Responsibilities of the Hirer) whether or not this is covered by the insurance policy taken out by the Hirer.
Responsibilities of the Hirer:
5. The Hirer assumes full responsibility for the Equipment from the time of checking out until checking in. The hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of equipment and is liable for any loss or damage caused to the Equipment during the period of hire. The hirer is responsible for providing suitable and adequate security arrangements for the safe keeping of the equipment during the period of hire. The hirer must take all necessary steps (at its own expense) to retain possession and control of the equipment and in the event of losing possession or control will take all necessary steps to recover the equipment.
5.1. Items of equipment are not to be used, and the Hirer will not permit them to be used, for any purpose for which they are not expressly designed.
5.2. Equipment is not to be altered or modified in any way.
5.3. Equipment is not to be hired, re-
6. The cost of replacing or repairing damaged Equipment will be paid in full by the Hirer. Equipment lost, damaged or modified will be charged for at full hire rate until the loss is settled in full.
6.1. Examples of loss/damage /modification include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Damage by persons known or unknown, including audiences and artists
• Damage or loss caused by inadequate handling by third parties (including local crew)
• Damage by adverse weather conditions including water damage
• Loss due to theft on site or in transit
• Loss or damage during transportation
• Modifying cables by cutting and/or re-
7. Liability: Equipment is supplied on the understanding that it be competently installed and operated by the Hirer. Eventech UK is covered by a £10,000,000 Public Liability insurance policy but it is recommended that the hirer takes out an adequate insurance policy for the hire.
8. Competent Personnel: Where certain hire Equipment requires specialist technical knowledge or training for the safe or effective installation and or operation, the hirer will be required to appoint a competent personnel to operate the equipment. If this is not possible then Eventech UK can supply a competent crew member, this will be charged for in addition to the hire rate.
9. Local Licenses: The hirer is solely responsible for obtaining any license, qualification or other authority, which may be required for the safe and legal operation of the Goods hired and agrees to abide by all legal guidelines relating to the installation and operation of the Goods.
10. Sound Pressure Levels: High Sound Pressure levels can cause permanent hearing damage. Repeated exposure can have a cumulative effect. Certain pieces of equipment provided by Eventech UK can and does produce high enough sound pressure levels to cause permanent hearing damage. Eventech UK cannot accept liability for any individual’s failure to stay at an appropriate distance from loudspeakers or failure to take any necessary steps to protect their own hearing. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safety, with regard to hearing, of the general public. Where appropriate you may wish to ensure that warning notices are displayed, hearing protection is issued, or safety barriers are erected.
Hire Periods, Charges and Payments:
11. Hire Period: Hire charges are calculated from the date of collection / delivery to the date of return to Eventech UK. Permission for extending hire arrangements may be granted on request but must not be assumed. Availability and prices of Equipment may vary from our rate card or as advertised on our website and cannot be guaranteed for periods of extension.
12. Hire Charges: Hire charges are based on daily rates, with the period of hire starting from the time of checking out by Eventech UK, to the time of checking in.
13. Weekly Hire: The normal weekly hire rate is a multiple of 3 (three) times the daily rate. Goods checked out during operating hours on day 1, must be returned before 7.00pm on the 7th day of hire, or a second week’s hire will be incurred.
14. Payments: Payments must be made in full with cleared funds before checking out. Accepted payment types: Cash, PayPal, Bank Transfer or Credit/Debit card.
14.1. All overdue invoices will incur a late payment fee of up to 45%. We may allow an extension but written permission must be granted before the invoice is due.
14.2. In the absence of prior written agreement to the contrary, payment of our charges is required on receipt of our invoice. Failure to make payment within 28 days of the due date may result in the matter being referred to P&J CDS, our debt collection agents, whose charges will be added to and payable with the invoice debt.
15. Guarantees against equipment loss or late return: Hirers may be required to leave valid debit or credit card details with the Company as a payment guarantee in the event of a loss or late return. Card details must be valid at least up until the agreed hire finish date. Eventech UK reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost relating to any loss of equipment. The hirer will have seven days to return any lost equipment before any charge is taken. If the equipment is returned within the seven days, a charge will be taken for the subsequent hire. By signing the agreement the hirer accepts that such a charge will be taken in these circumstances and agrees to ensure that sufficient funds are available on the submitted card.
General Terms and Provisions:
16. Contract of Hire: The placing of an order for equipment by the Hirer or the issuing of a sales invoice by Eventech UK constitutes a contract which binds the Hirer to accept these conditions.
17. Termination: Eventech UK may terminate the hire contract under these terms and conditions:
17.1. Fails to pay any Rentals or other sums payable under these conditions in full within 14 days of such sums becoming due (whether demanded or not)
17.2. Commits a breach of any of the other terms and conditions of the contract (whether express or implied)
17.3. Does or causes to be done any thing, which in the opinion of Eventech UK may jeopardise Eventech UK’s rights in the Equipment.
17.4. Is involved in any legal process (whether directly or indirectly) that results in a levy on or against any of the hired equipment, or against any premises where the equipment is, or against any of the Hirer’s goods or other property, or the hirer permits any judgement against it to remain unsatisfied for seven days.
17.5. Suffers an interim order (as an individual) under the Insolvency Act or enters into a voluntary arrangement or suffers the making of a statutory demand or the presentation of a petition for a bankruptcy order
17.6. Enters into any liquidation, calls any meeting of its creditors, or has a receiver or administrative receiver appointed of all or any of its undertaking or assets, or suffers the appointment or the presentation of a petition for the appointment of an Administrator under the provisions of Part II of the Insolvency Act, or is deemed by virtue of Section 123 of the Insolvency Act to be unable to pay its debts.
18. Force Majeure: Eventech UK is not liable for any failure to supply a product or service where that failure is caused by an event that could not reasonably have been foreseen, forestalled or prevented. This may include (but is not limited to) acts of war, terrorism, natural disasters and acts of God.
19. English Jurisdiction: All agreements, contracts and transactions entered into with Eventech UK will be bound and governed by English Law. This document supersedes all previous terms and conditions of hire.